We are in the process of redeveloping the ONENJ Website. We apologize for any inconvenience during this time. If you are looking for resources not available here, contact Susan Cholewka, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 609.275.4110.
The Annual Meeting and Conference “Leadership Lessons: The Future is Now” will be held April 24-25 at Caesar’s in Atlantic City. More information on the program schedule and speakers will be available soon. For sponsorship and advertising opportunities, contact Susan Cholewka, executive director, at email@example.com or 609-275-4110.
Membership in ONE/NJ provides opportunities to promote
and develop excellence in the practice of nursing administration and share information on advocacy and
key issues impacting nursing.
Membership Application >>
ONE/NJ is committed to ongoing professional
development at all levels, and mapping the future of safe patient care delivery in NJ.
View the Event Calendar >>
Call for Nominations: 2013 ONENJ Nursing Leadership Awards
The Organization of Nurse Executives of New Jersey is accepting nominations for its 2013 Nursing Leadership Awards. These awards will be presented during ONENJ's Annual Holiday Meeting and Awards Brunch on Friday, December 6 at Forsgate Country Club in Monroe, New Jersey. The full membership will nominate winners for seven award categories. The criteria for these awards are listed below. Please consider not only nominees from your own organization, but your colleagues from other healthcare facilities as well.
- Leadership in Mentoring Award: presented to a nurse leader who demonstrates supportive leadership in mentoring nurses in the leadership role. The nominee must be a member of ONENJ.
- Leadership in Technology Award: presented to a nurse leader who demonstrates leadership and innovation in developing and implementing computerized documentation systems for nursing. The nominee must be a member of ONENJ.
- Professional Recognition Award: presented to an ONENJ member who demonstrates nursing leadership through a professional achievement or accomplishment that has made a significant impact on nursing.
- Nurse Executive Award: presented to the most senior nurse executive in acute care, continuing care or academia who demonstrates exceptional leadership, guidance and service to their institution and to the profession of nursing. The nominee must be a member of ONENJ.
- Divisional Leader Award: presented to a nurse leader who is responsible for divisional or multiple units and does not serve as a chief nursing officer. The nominee demonstrates exceptional leadership in his/her role as the individual responsible for several units and/or areas of clinical practice. The nominee must be a member of ONENJ.
- Nurse Leader Award: presented to nurse managers from acute care and continuing care and faculty from academia who demonstrate exceptional leadership, guidance and service to their institution and to the profession of nursing. Three Nurse Leader Awards may be presented, for each practice setting—acute care, continuing care and academia. The nominee must be a member of ONENJ.
- Aspiring Nurse Leader Award: presented to an aspiring nurse leader from acute care who demonstrates exceptional leadership, guidance and service to their institution and to the profession of nursing. The nominee must be a member of ONENJ.
How to nominate:
Download the specific award nomination form from the website www.ONE-NJ.org save it to your desktop and complete the requested information.
Obtain nominee's resume or curriculum vitae
Return completed application form and nominee's resume or curriculum vitae to Susan Cholewka at firstname.lastname@example.org
All nominations must be received by 5 p.m. October 4.
Any questions, please contact Susan Cholewka at 609-275-4110.