The NJHA Council on Hospital Governance enhances the abilities of New Jersey hospital and health system trustees to fulfill their roles and responsibilities and improve the health status of the communities they serve. The Council:
- Provides forums for discussion and exchanges of ideas among trustees on the regional, state and national level
- Provides information and educational opportunities for healthcare trustees
- Promotes trustee involvement in political advocacy and public policy initiatives at the state and national level
- Fosters understanding and cooperation among trustees, medical staff and administration
- Encourages trustee involvement in NJHA governance and policy development.
Board Diversity Webinar
How are New Jersey hospital and health system leaders answering the call to develop a workforce that represents the face of their communities – some of the most diverse populations in the country? Trustees, clinical leadership and ancillary staff should be prepared with the tools necessary to provide quality, safe and culturally-sensitive care. Listen in on how St. Joseph’s Healthcare System focused efforts on diversifying its hospital board.
Best Practices on Hospitals Board Diversity (Webinar, 51 min.)
Faculty: Kevin Slavin, FACHE, president and CEO, St. Joseph’s Healthcare System
Sr. Patricia Codey, system trustee, St. Joseph’s Healthcare System
Michael Azzara, senior consultant, Foley Proctor Yoskowitz, LLC
Join Stephen K. Jones as he discusses how Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital implemented a three-year diversity and inclusion plan that landed the hospital the 2015 Equity of Care Award from the American Hospital Association.
The Journey to Equity (Webinar, 70 min.)
Faculty: Stephen K. Jones, FACHE, chief academic officer, RWJBarnabas